[cmake-developers] Adding Swift support to CMake

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 15:04:42 EDT 2015

Brad King wrote:

>> This seems somehow wrong. Naming it based on some state 'right now'
>> doesn't seem future proof. The 'MSVC' compiler id is not called
>> 'Microsoft', the 'QCC' compiler id is not called 'QNX', 'XL' is not
>> called 'IBM'.
>
> The PGI compiler id is "PGI".  The PathScale compiler id is "PathScale".
> The TI compiler id is "TI".  The GNU compiler id is "GNU".  The Cray
> compiler id is "Cray".  The Absoft compiler id is "Absoft".  There is
> plenty of precedent to use the vendor name.

I guess. I think part of the reason it seems wrong to me is that there is a
platform id called 'APPLE' (different case) and a variable of that name

There is also an existing GNU platorm/compiler id (same case).

If the same name is to be used, is there any reason not to use the same
case?

Thanks,

Steve.