[cmake-developers] How is the Visual Studio compiler looked up

Gregor Jasny gjasny at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 7 13:10:49 EDT 2015

Hello,

one of my colleagues is unable to generate a VS2013 solution. He gets
the following error:

F:\CitrixLibs\ExternalLibs\CMake\3.1.3\Tools_Windows\bin\cmake.exe -G
Visual Studio 12 -T v120_xp -A Win32 -DWITH_COPY_PREBUILT_CACHE=ON
-DWITH_COPY_PREBUILT=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=C:\Git\med
ia-processing-library\_deploy C:\Git\media-processing-library
-- The C compiler identification is unknown
-- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:7 (project):
  No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:7 (project):
  No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found.

See also
"C:/Git/media-processing-library/_build_v120_x86/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also
"C:/Git/media-processing-library/_build_v120_x86/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

Could you please point me to the code which looks up Visual Studio or
the CL.exe compiler? How would you debug this problem?

Thanks,
Gregor