[cmake-developers] CTest XML outputs unsafe content

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Aug 28 10:16:45 EDT 2015

On 08/27/2015 05:02 PM, Daniel Pfeifer wrote:
> I saw cmXMLSafe is used in some places inside CTest.
> Since escaping is handled by cmXMLWriter, this may lead to some double
> encodings.
>
> I have attached two patches that remove all uses of cmXMLSafe from CTest.

Thanks.  Applied with minor tweaks:

 cmExtra{Kate,SublimeText}Generator: Remove unused cmXMLSafe includes
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=b3372db5

 cmCTest{BZR,GIT,P4}: Remove unused cmXMLSafe includes
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=dee84dc7

 CTest: Fix XML double-encoding cases
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=ab2524d6

Since it is a regression I've queued it for merge to 'release'
once testing is clean.