[cmake-developers] fix-OSX-bundle-rpaths-and-Qt5 topic

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Oct 21 08:28:27 EDT 2014

On 10/20/2014 06:41 PM, Adam Strzelecki wrote:
> Did you build against Qt4 SDK taken from official installer?

It's a qt 4.8.0 installed from source.

 configure --prefix=... -opensource -confirm-license \
  -nomake demos -nomake examples -cocoa -shared -release \
  -arch x86 x86_64

We also tried one with just "-arch x86_64" as part of trying to package
only that architecture, but it has the same problem.

> Can you put these both binaries somewhere (zipped) in the cloud?

Nightly binaries are always published here:

 http://www.cmake.org/files/dev/

Specifically:

 http://www.cmake.org/files/dev/cmake-3.0.20140929-g5748a-Darwin64-universal.dmg
 http://www.cmake.org/files/dev/cmake-3.0.20140930-g37776-Darwin64-universal.dmg

> BTW. Any reason to not use Qt5?

We already have the infrastructure set up to use Qt4 and it has
worked well for years.  Prior to your patch the Qt5 package did
not work for redistribution due to the plugin problem anyway.