[cmake-developers] Using reflinks during install phase

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu May 29 08:56:33 EDT 2014

On 05/29/2014 08:06 AM, Alessandro Di Federico wrote:
> OK, I'll come up with a patch. The only thing is that --reflink has
> been introduced around 2009, in coreutils 7.6 (we are currently at
> 8.22). Is it OK to assume we have such coreutils or some kind of
> (build-time?) detection is needed?

Support will need to be detected and activated at runtime.
Detection could be done once and memorized.

I did not realize in my previous response that you intend
to execute a "cp" process, but rather thought you would
be implementing the underlying calls to the filesystem
directly.  Either approach is fine with me.