[cmake-developers] New no-soname-option topic for e.g. Android

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Wed May 28 04:52:06 EDT 2014

Am 28.05.2014 10:39, schrieb Nils Gladitz:
> As discussed here
> http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2014-May/057657.html
> I proposed a minor modification in CMake that would allow shared
> library targets to always be linked by -l/-L options rather than full
> pathname on platforms which do not support SONAMEs.

It would maybe even be useful on platforms that _do_ support SONAME, but
don't want to. OpenBSD is such a case, and since we have 2 OpenBSD
machines reporting to the dashboard you even have a nice testbed for
this. Just unset(CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_SONAME_C_FLAG) in
Modules/Platform/OpenBSD.cmake after including NetBSD stuff and watch
the breakage.

Eike