[cmake-developers] CustomCommand and collapsible paths.

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu May 22 09:16:04 EDT 2014

On 05/22/2014 07:20 AM, David Cole wrote:
> This topic itself looks simple enough, and it fixes the problem you've
> observed. I guess my question is, are there still other instances of
> this problem, and why wouldn't we want to do this for inputs *not*
> specified by full path? Shouldn't we infer the correct full path at
> add_custom_command time if it's not specified by full path? And
> shouldn't that too be normalized?

The add_custom_command DEPENDS option could be handled through
cmSourceFileLocation too to make it fully consistent.  That may
mess with GetSourceFileWithOutput though.  Also there will need
to be a special case for handling DEPENDS options that name
logical targets.

If anyone works on overhauling this, we also need to handle
generator expressions in custom command OUTPUT options someday.
I have not thought through how that would all tie together.