[cmake-developers] New property scope for install()ed files?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu May 15 09:06:09 EDT 2014

On 05/15/2014 04:33 AM, Nils Gladitz wrote:
> In the context of http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14911 I've been
> thinking it would be nice if there were properties for installed files
> like there are for source files.
>
> For my purposes they would have to be exported for CPack (e.g. in
> CPackConfig.cmake) similar to how test properties are exported through
> CTestTestfile.cmake.

Here is a quick brainstorm:

Just like CTestTestfile for testing and cmake_install for installation,
perhaps we need a per-directory hierarchical cmake_package for CPack.
We could re-use source file properties.  When the install() command
is installing a file it can check for "CPACK_*" source file properties
and add them for generation into cmake_package.  In cmake_package we
could just use source file properties set on paths corresponding to
install tree locations.  I'm sure there will be some details to work
out for that.