[cmake-developers] Fix for Visual Studio /MANIFESTUAC:NO linker option

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed May 7 15:34:59 EDT 2014

On 05/07/2014 02:59 PM, Eric Berge wrote:
> The attached patch is intended to fix the Visual Studio 2010, 2012,
> and 2013 project generation for the /MANIFESTUAC:NO option.  I'd like
> to request this for the master branch as well as a 2.X pushback.
[snip]
> Based on these, the proposed solution is to remove both of the
> MANIFESTUAC:NO entries and replace them with one of the form:

The existing table entries were generated automatically by
Source/cmparseMSBuildXML.py run against the "link.xml" msbuild
rules file.  It is not surprising that the mapping is not
perfect in cases like this.

Applied, thanks:

 VS: Fix /MANIFESTUAC:NO linker option mapping
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=9c7f234c

There will be no more 2.x releases.  However, I based the commit
on the current release branch in preparation of 3.0.  If it
tests cleanly I will include it in the next 3.0 rc.