[cmake-developers] IMPORTED targets for some Find modules

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 10:21:20 EDT 2014

Philipp Moeller wrote:

> Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> writes:

>> Also consider a CMake variable to disable the addition of the defines (by
>> not linking the interface targets).
>>
>>  set(Boost_ENABLE_AUTOLINKING 1)
>>  find_package(Boost)
>
> I really would like to do that, but for that to work we need a
> LINK_DIRECTORIES property. I opened a feature request for this some time
> ago.

Perhaps the name I used was confusing.

I am suggesting a way for the user to disable the automatic addition of the
BOOST_${LIBRARY_NAME}_NO_LIB defines.

If that define is always always wanted, (which appears to be the case), then
you can simply disregard my suggestion.

The 'obvious' name for such a variable would be

 Boost_DISABLE_NO_AUTOLINKING

but I used a name which avoids double-negation.

Anyway, you know best whether it should be controllable by the user, so I
defer to you on that.

Thanks,

Steve.