[cmake-developers] New EVIS parser moving forward (3.1)

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Fri Feb 21 02:38:35 EST 2014

> Are there any other corner cases I should consider banning as well? What
> about behavior that should be allowed that currently isn't?

If this patch is the right place to address this is not clear to me, but I
mention them anyway.

-if a string is quoted, it may still be expanded as a variable name as I have
heard, i.e. those 2 may act as the same:

if ("a" STREQUAL b)
if (${a} STREQUAL ${b})

I would not expect such behavior, in fact I consider this counterintuitive.

-support for hex numbers would be cool, especially for parsing the version
numbers out of header files (like OpenSSL).

Greetings,

Eike