[cmake-developers] ninja parallelism and LLVM cmake builds

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Feb 11 08:53:54 EST 2014

On 02/11/2014 08:46 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> We could consider making the LINK_ONLY generator expression public in order
> to allow the user to decide the granularity here (possibly encapsulated in a
> INTERFACE_LIBRARY).

For reference, without the interface target it is as simple as:

 target_link_libraries(staticB $<LINK_ONLY:staticA>)

Do we have any enforcement for $<LINK_ONLY> to be used only with
static libraries?  Is there any reason not to allow it for all
library types?  It looks like a way to suppress usage requirements
specified by a package but that the consuming project does not
want for some reason.