[cmake-developers] CMake 3.0.0-rc1 release branch created, next restarted

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Feb 19 10:28:42 EST 2014

Hi Folks,

I updated the 'release' branch to prepare 3.0.0-rc1, merged it to
'master', added the post-3.0.0 development version update, and
re-started 'next' from there.  I rebased active topics on the stage
onto the post-3.0.0 master and merged them to the new 'next'.

This approach represents a change in our workflow during release
candidate cycles.  Previously I've held up merging post-release
development to master until the final release.  That resulted in
a huge collection of open topics in 'next' and made collaboration
more difficult.  This time we'll keep the release candidates in
the 'release' branch so development of post-3.0 features can
proceed in 'master' now.

The version scheme has been updated to the two-component feature
level as discussed here:

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.devel/9295