[cmake-developers] DragNDrop: Easier custom dmg layouts

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Dec 23 09:01:53 EST 2014

On 12/22/2014 02:15 PM, Robert Maynard wrote:
> If anyone has any questions or issues with this branch please tell me.

I'd appreciate feedback on this from others with experience in
OS X packaging.  For reference, the commit drafts are:

 DragNDropGenerator background image now uses source file extension.
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=2c8b9f50

 DragNDropGenerator now places the background image file in a hidden folder.
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=a7f55ac9

 DragNDropGenerator now can run an apple script when making a package.
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=309ffd8e

 DragNDropGenerator copies the background image after the dmg is created.
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=2dc198b2

 DragNDropGenerator now manually computes the size of the temp dmg image.
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=dfb74f52

 DragNDropGenerator Updated Documentation to include new variables.
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=76a39f7a

 CMake DragNDrop release now uses a custom background and script
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=4549f8ef

However, for now I had to revert it from 'next' because it does
not work on OS X <= 10.5.