[cmake-developers] New command 'file(LOCK_DIRECTORY ...)'

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Dec 5 09:09:03 EST 2014

On 12/05/2014 09:03 AM, Ruslan Baratov wrote:
> Actually why not use 'strtoll' and 'long long' ?

I'm not sure that function or type exists portably on some of the
older host platforms we support.  The "long" type should be plenty
big for timeout values, and there are other strtol call sites that
already use "long" and could be converted to use a StringToLong
helper too.

Actually for the lock timeout use case would it make sense to change
to a floating point value so timeouts can be more granular?  Some
use cases may not want to block for a whole second between lock
attempts.