[cmake-developers] suggestion: rename FindXerces to FindXercesC

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Dec 4 10:32:53 EST 2014

On 12/04/2014 10:09 AM, Erik Sjölund wrote:
> I think it is a good idea to rename FindXerces to FindXercesC or
> something similar, just to indicate that is about the C++
> implementation.

Thanks for pointing out the distinct implementations.  The module
is new in CMake 3.1 so our last chance to rename it now before the
final release of that version.  Actually it looks like we're missing
a release note for it too.

The documentation of the module starts off with:

 "Find the Apache Xerces-C++ validating XML parser..."

which is pretty clear, though that is not visible at the call
sites of find_package(Xerces).

Roger, as the contributor of this module do you have any reason
not to change the name?