[cmake-developers] CMake 2.8.12 transitive link regression?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 09:01:11 EDT 2013

Brad King wrote:

> When CMP0022 is NEW the INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES is always the link
> interface without the link implementation fallback, but the tll plain
> signature does not populate INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES either.  This is
> not correct.

I actually prefer this behavior, but as it's not backward compatible,
something has to be done about it.

This relates in some ways to

and the kde thread I linked to.

> Somehow you'll have to track the tll signatures used in order to
> populate INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES properly with the plain signature
> if no LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES or keyword signature is used.

I've implemented this in handle-only-plain-tll in my clone, but made the
policy control the behavior. If that's fine I can add tests for that.

Thanks,

Steve.