[cmake-developers] Converting CMake documentation to reStructuredText and Sphinx

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Oct 14 11:03:09 EDT 2013

On 10/13/2013 4:36 PM, Eric Noulard wrote:
> I have preliminary question though, since those change makes it possible
> to write documentation without touching the code are you planning to
> add missing --help-xxxx to ctest ?
>
> Did you plan something along that line?

Yes, but the main issue is that the documentation for CTest variables
does not exist anywhere in the source right now.  After the transition
to the new doc system it will be straightforward to add those docs.

Actually in the new system the --help-* options will just process
the .rst files in various combinations for display.  For example,
"cmake --help-commands" just prints "manual/cmake-commands.7.rst"
which has a section for CTest commands.  Then we need only to expose
the same set of --help-* options through the ctest command.