[cmake-developers] CPack: 7-zip generator

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 15:55:36 EDT 2013

2013/10/11 Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>:
> On Friday 11 October 2013, you wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>wrote:
>> > The thread looks somewhat unfinished, and Ralf simply didn't seem to
>> > reply anymore, it would have needed just some more pushing to get it in.
>>
>> What kind of pushing? Code polishing? Documentation? Tests?
>
> Well, there was no acxtivity from Ralf anymore, and Eric is mostly maintaining
> cpack.

Just to precise what I usually do a little.
I try hard to give valuable advice and/or lool on CPack questions, however
I seldomly use Windows so that I'm not good at testing Windows related
CPack generator
beside proof-reading the code.

The first step would be to update the patch against current master
and verify that all CPack* tests are ok.

> Maybe you can push the code in a branch on cmake stage and try to get it
> accepted into master ?

That would be the best approach, and may be opening a feature request
in the tracker as well:
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/main_page.php

> Alex
>
> --