[cmake-developers] Lua-style long brackets

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Oct 11 16:07:20 EDT 2013

On 10/11/2013 04:03 PM, Nils Gladitz wrote:
> Does that mean Lua itself is just off the table for 3.0 or altogether?

It just means we're taking one step at a time.  I doubt full Lua
integration can be in CMake 3.0 but this syntax change is a necessary
prerequisite for clean introduction of any other language embedded
inside CMake command invocations.  It will allow such code to appear
literally in .cmake sources without a layer of CMake language escape
sequences on top of it.  This will be useful on its own anyway.