[cmake-developers] Converting CMake documentation to reStructuredText and Sphinx

Daniel Pfeifer daniel at pfeifer-mail.de
Fri Oct 11 10:43:20 EDT 2013

2013/10/11 Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>:
> On 10/11/2013 01:09 AM, Daniel Pfeifer wrote:
>> Will it still be able to generate DocBook, so companies can include
>> the documentation in their handbook?
>
> It can generate whatever Sphinx can generate.  IIRC Sphinx does not
> currently support DocBook output but I see no reason it couldn't be
> taught to do so.  That would be re-usable for many other packages that
> use Sphinx too.

Comparing the expressiveness, extensability, and supported backends,
can you explain why you would prefer rST over AsciiDoc?

Somewhere I read the analogy "markdown == child, docbook == adult w/
garb, asciidoc == adult w/ jeans & t-shirt" and I think that nails it
pretty well.
I thinks it was somewhere on http://asciidoctor.org/

cheers, Daniel