[cmake-developers] Targets for FindGTK2.cmake

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Oct 3 13:08:54 EDT 2013

On 10/03/2013 11:57 AM, Daniele E. Domenichelli wrote:
> According to the latest builds
>
> http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=211425751&build=3046984
> http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=211450654&build=3047132
>
> these even thought the target GTK2::gtk exists, but the GTK2Targets.gtk
> test is not executed (while the GTK2Components.gtk is executed).
>
> the only condition is "if(TARGET GTK2::gtk)" (see
> Tests/FindGTK2/CMakeLists.txt) but as you can see in the output of the
> GTK2Components.gtk that target exists... Therefore I don't see any
> reason why these tests should not be executed.

The problem is that the find_package(GTK2) in Tests/CMakeLists.txt and
the target checks in Tests/FindGTK2/CMakeLists.txt are all being run
by the existing CMake on the system that is used to build this CMake.
The older version's FindGTK2 does not define any targets.  Only on
dashboard builds that bootstrap the tested version of CMake will the
new FindGTK2 module be used.