[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014317]: Configuration dependent install EXPORT

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jul 31 09:06:37 EDT 2013

On 07/31/2013 07:53 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> I think two things are being confused here. One is the DESTINATION for
> things that are installed by the current command. Eg:
>
>  install(TARGETS foo
>    RUNTIME DESTINATION bin
>    LIBRARY DESTINATION lib
>    ARCHIVE DESTINATION lib
>  )
>  install(FILES foo.h
>    DESTINATION include
>  )
>
> The bug report is about adding genex support to those destinations.

Yes, it's also the one that started this thread.  Do we agree that
full generate-time evaluation is appropriate for these?  If so then
the implementation will require BUILD_TYPE conditional blocks in
generated cmake_install.cmake files.

> I propose that we deal with what you describe above after 2.8.12.

Yes, definately.

> For supporting generator expressions in
>
>  install(TARGETS foo
>    INCLUDES DESTINATION include
>  )
>
> I've pushed a INCLUDES-DESTINATION-partial-eval topic to my clone with some
> ideas for it. Please let me know what you think.

Are you proposing this for inclusion in 2.8.12?  IMO it can
wait along with the rest.

I forgot, which config-related generator expressions on imported
targets honor MAP_IMPORTED_CONFIG_<CONFIG>?

What is the behavior when a not-allowed expression like
STREQUAL is used?  Does it produce an error message?