[cmake-developers] CMake is slow for project with hundred target and one command with large number of dependencies

Nicolas Desprès nicolas.despres at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 08:42:06 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Nicolas Desprès
<nicolas.despres at gmail.com>wrote:

>> https://github.com/nicolasdespres/CMake/commit/59c871da8b00554812e93ba9c6e47d864424efb0#L0R2023

>> only
>> >>
>> > Not exactly. According to my tests only
>> > cmMakefiles::GetSourceFileWithOutput's cname argument can be either
>> > relative or absolute.
>>
>> Then patching the callers of GetSourceFileWithOutput is worth looking
>> into.
>> There are not many. You'd have to try it and see if any issues come up.
>>
>> Ok. I will give it a try tomorrow. I hope it won't bring in part of CMake
> I do not know.

Hi Stephen,

I think I need your insight of CMake code base here. According to my tests
(ie ExportImport and CustomCommand), GetSourceFileWithOutput() is called
with a relative path only from here:
https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/blob/master/Source/cmTarget.cxx#L1939

How can I convert this name to an absolute path?

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Desprès