[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014309]: CHECK_C_COMPILER_FLAG does not behave like the manpage states

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Wed Jul 24 16:20:55 EDT 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14309
Reported By:                jmcm
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14309
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2013-07-24 16:20 EDT
The manpage states that  CHECK_C_COMPILER_FLAG accepts the same flags as
CHECK_C_SOURCE_COMPILES, but then it overwrites CMAKE_REQUIRED_DEFINITIONS.

So either the manpage is wrong or the implementation is wrong. I found the bug
because I relied on the documented behaviour - I want to have some fixed flags
to be passed to all tests.

Workaround (as of now untested): pass the flag to test plus all the fixed flags
CHECK_C_COMPILER_FLAG

Steps to Reproduce:
Read the source, Luke (Modules/CheckCCompilerFlag.cmake)

Additional Information:
At least versions 2.8.9 and git HEAD.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change