[cmake-developers] documenting a CMake 'use' file

Matthew Woehlke matthew.woehlke at kitware.com
Wed Dec 18 12:06:18 EST 2013

On 2013-12-18 11:52, Brad King wrote:
> On 12/10/2013 04:46 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Why is the copyright notice *after* the documentation?
>
> In the old documentation system the extractor only supported
> docs in the leading comment so the notice *had* to be later.
> Now it is just a convention.

Can we change that? :-) ...or at least change the documentation to make
it clear that it is a convention and not / no longer mandatory?

(For UseShiboken.cmake, I'm going to leave the copyright first... if
that means the doc - which is RST anyway - can only be extracted with
CMake ≥ 3.x, then that'll just have to do ;-). I'm not "comfortable"
with the leading doc effectively "hiding" the copyright statement and
wouldn't be in the least surprised if upstream were to reject having it
follow the initial doc.)

Thanks for the clarification,

--
Matthew