[cmake-developers] Problem with sphinx

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 03:01:52 EST 2013

2013/12/15 Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the new documentation system, it complains that it can't
> load the extension "cmake" because the module "error_reporting" is missing.
> That's what I get when I do "make documentation":
>
> [100%] sphinx-build html: see Utilities/Sphinx/build-html.log
> cd /home/neundorf/src/CMake/build/Utilities/Sphinx
>   && /usr/bin/sphinx-build -c /home/neundorf/src/CMake/build/Utilities/Sphinx
>        -d /home/neundorf/src/CMake/build/Utilities/Sphinx/doctrees
>        -b html /home/neundorf/src/CMake/cmake/Help
>       /home/neundorf/src/CMake/build/Utilities/Sphinx/html > build-html.log
> Extension error:
> Could not import extension cmake (exception: No module named error_reporting)
> make[3]: *** [Utilities/Sphinx/doc_format_html] Error 1
>
> The directories are all ok.
> build-html.log contains:
> Running Sphinx v1.1.3
>
> Python docutils 0.9 are installed. It seems somehow docutils.error_reporting
> is missing. This is on a SUSE 12.2, using python 2.
>
> Is the installed docutils package somehow not new enough ?

I don't have this issue with current CMake master
I'm using Sphinx 1.1.3, Python 2 and docutils 0.11.

docutils 0.10 seems to have
"enhanced math and error handling."

see:
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/RELEASE-NOTES.html#release-0-11-2013-07-22

it seems that error_reporting has been moved from
http://sourceforge.net/p/docutils/code/HEAD/tree/tags/docutils-0.9/docutils/error_reporting.py
http://sourceforge.net/p/docutils/code/HEAD/tree/tags/docutils-0.10/docutils/utils/error_reporting.py

--
Erk