[cmake-developers] cmake build does too much work

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Dec 11 22:22:53 EST 2013

On 12/11/2013 6:00 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> You opposed a sensible default for CMAKE_LINK_DEPENDS_NO_SHARED:
>
>   https://www.mail-archive.com/cmake-developers@cmake.org/msg06169.html
>
> I continue to consider the default value of that to be a mistake.
I am on the fence with this one.  It is always best to have an
incremental build that you can trust.  However, I have to think pretty
hard to come up with a case where you could change an object size
without changing a header file that would cause a relink anyway.  I can
come up with ways to do it, but you would almost have to try....

-Bill