[cmake-developers] CMakeParseArguments: Do not skip empty arguments

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Dec 4 10:40:41 EST 2013

On 12/04/2013 09:52 AM, Daniele E. Domenichelli wrote:
> Anyway, even with the same name if someone needs the empty arguments
> parsing with an older cmake version, he will have to write it from
> scratch if the version in cmake is empty...

Do you mean he won't be able to copy it out of a newer CMake into his
project to use with an older CMake?  IMO that should not influence our
upstream decisions.  If you need this you can take the impl you have
in the topic now and use it elsewhere.

> Also all the modules will either not include CMakeParseArguments and use
> the system command, or (according to what I believe it's current policy)
> will include it from ${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}, and therefore the empty
> one will be included

CMake's own modules can be updated to not include the legacy module.
Project code will include it and it will do nothing.  I do not see
a problem.