[cmake-developers] rpm/deb component issue

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Wed Oct 24 15:18:17 EDT 2012

On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:59:52 AM Clinton Stimpson wrote:
> I have a problem with the rpm & deb cpack generators.
>
> I've set the following:
> set(CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL_IN_ONE_PACKAGE 1)
> set(CPACK_DEB_COMPONENT_INSTALL 1)
> set(CPACK_RPM_COMPONENT_INSTALL 1)
>
> I get this implementation detail string "ALL_COMPONENTS_IN_ONE" being put in
> the package name (that is name, not the filename), so I end up with
> "mypackage- ALL_COMPONENTS_IN_ONE".  To remove it, I do "yum remove
> mypackage- ALL_COMPONENTS_IN_ONE".
> I would rather just have "mypackage" since that is the name I've specified.
> But I don't see a way to override it.
>
> Does anyone have a suggested way for me to fix cmCPack*Generator.cxx and/or
> CPackDeb.cmake, CPackRPM.cmake?  This is the first time I've looked at
> modifying those particular files.

I have an idea that I'm comfortable with.  I'm effectively separating a
variable into two, one for the component name, and another for the directory
where it can be found.  For the ALL_COMPONENTS_IN_ONE mode, the directory can
be ALL_COMPONENTS_IN_ONE/, but the component name empty.
Let me know if you disagree.

--
Clinton Stimpson
Elemental Technologies, Inc