[cmake-developers] Incomplete gfortran library link command sometimes mysteriously occurs with MinGW/MSYS on Wine-1.5.15 platform

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Oct 19 13:39:25 EDT 2012

On 10/19/2012 1:24 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> So far this morning there have been no takers, but I hope that changes
> since I am really stumped by CMake _intermittently_ not issuing the
> correct link command for libraries with no consistent pattern I can
> spot with regard to anything I change.

Couple of things to try:

run --trace on cmake and compare them.  Maybe something odd is happening
with your cmake variables.   Also, look at the generated makefiles and
find out what is different between the ones that work and the ones that
don't.

If this can not be reproduced by running a set command line (some script
you write), then I can't see how anyone can help you.  If you create a
script that can be run that shows this issue, we can try running it on a
machine here.  Other than that, I would suggest you use gdb on cmake, or
printf debugging, and just start adding print statements in the cmake
code until you find out what is going wrong.

--
Bill Hoffman
Kitware, Inc.
bill.hoffman at kitware.com