[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013072]: Allow CPack to generate tar.xz archives

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu Mar 29 10:33:13 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=13072
Reported By:                Mario Lang
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13072
Category:                   CPack
Reproducibility:            N/A
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2012-03-29 10:33 EDT
For my project I'd like to use CPack to generate tar.xz source archives.
After a bit of poking around in the git repository I realized that xz support is
already there in
the underlying library for handling archives.  However, there is no Generator
for TXZ.
The attached patch adds the necessary generator.  Tested and works as expected
for me.
I can set(CPACK_SOURCE_GENERATOR "TGZ;TXZ;") now and the result is just as
expected.
A second patch (also to be attached) adds the CPACK_BINARY_TXZ and
CPACK_SOURCE_TXZ options as well.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change
0001-cmCPackTXZGenerator-Add-tar.xz-archive-generation.patch