[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013059]: No native data type can represent a ??-bit integer.

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Fri Mar 23 04:57:20 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Flávio J. Saraiva
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13059
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            N/A
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2012-03-23 08:57 WET
Last Modified:              2012-03-23 08:57 WET
After doing updates to my Cygwin+Cygwin Ports environment I was going to update
cmake from 2.8.5 to 2.8.7.

While building 2.8.7 I got puzzling errors in FundamentalType.h... see
http://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=2114265#Stage2 :
In file included from /cygdrive/D/dev/buildslave/My
Tests/CMake/Source/kwsys/SystemInformation.cxx:29:
/cygdrive/D/dev/buildslave/My
Tests/CMake-build/Source/cmsys/FundamentalType.h:75:3: #error "No native data
type can represent a 16-bit integer."
/cygdrive/D/dev/buildslave/My
Tests/CMake-build/Source/cmsys/FundamentalType.h:86:3: #error "No native data
type can represent a 32-bit integer."
/cygdrive/D/dev/buildslave/My
Tests/CMake-build/Source/cmsys/FundamentalType.h:106:3: #error "No native data
type can represent a 64-bit integer."

I still had the 2.8.5 version installed and little time. So I started reporting
Nightly builds to the dashboard and left it at that.

-----

A few days later I noticed that the versions of gcc and g++ didn't match, so I
updated and cmake can build now. (one was 3.4.4 and the other 4.5.3, forgot
which was which)
My best guess is that gcc and g++ were disagreeing on the size of
short/int/long?...

I suggest adding a test to check if C and CXX compilers are compatible, since
cmake seems to assume they are.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change