[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013055]: CPACK_NSIS_MODIFY_PATH not properly interpolated in template

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Mar 20 11:40:34 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.gccxml.org/Bug/view.php?id=13055
Reported By:                plobsing
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13055
Category:                   CPack
Reproducibility:            have not tried
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2012-03-20 11:40 EDT
CPACK_NSIS_MODIFY_PATH is not being interpolated properly in NSIS.template.in.
The resulting project.nsi file always contains an empty string for the templated
value, making path modification inaccessible.

Steps to Reproduce:
On a windows machine with CMake, Visual Studio 2008, and NSIS installed:
1) Obtain a clean copy of any cmake/cpack project. I used LLVM, but I have since
reproduced this elsewhere.
2) Using the CMake GUI, configure for out of source build, with Visual Studio
2008 toolchain.
3) From the CMake GUI, set CPACK_NSIS_MODIFY_PATH to any true value (I've tried
boolean TRUE, string "ON", and string "YES")
4) Run ALL_BUILD and PACKAGE targets.
5) Run generated installer. Note the lack of path modification dialog.

Additional Information:
I was able to access the path modification functionality by applying the
attached patch to CPack.cmake.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change