[cmake-developers] Package Config files with COMPONENTS

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Mar 19 17:17:32 EDT 2012

On Monday 19 March 2012, Brad King wrote:
> On 3/18/2012 4:41 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > This is now in the ImprovedCOMPONENTSSupportInFindPackage2 branch on
> > stage.
> >
> > It adds an OPTIONAL_COMPONENTS option to find_package().
> > It adds an option HANDLE_COMPONENTS to FPHSA(), so FPHSA() checks whether
> > all requested required components have been found (doing this by default
> > might break existing find-modules).
> > It adds a macro check_required_components() to @PACKAGE_INIT@, configured
> > using configure_package_config_file()
> >
> > It also adds documentation and testing.
>
> Thanks.  I rewrote the topic on the stage to clean up the history a little
> and rebase it on top of the rewritten version of the other
> find_package_set_FOUND_VariableInConfigFile topic.

Hmm, I thought I had done that.
I had deleted my local find_package_set_FOUND_VariableInConfigFile branch,
then did git pull, then created a tracking branch from the remote branch, and
branched away from this.

> I tweaked the documentation of component support in find_package to make it
> clear that each package is responsible for dealing with components, just as
> is already stated for version support.  I also adjusted the formatting of
> the required+optional component error message and added a test for it.
>
> Please take a look at the new version of the topic.

Is there a way to see what you changed ?
Looking at the commits I don't notice differences to what I had.

Alex