[cmake-developers] GenerateExportHeader gcc version test failure?

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Mar 5 10:19:11 EST 2012

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:
> Stephen Kelly <steveire at ...> writes:
>> > Any idea what would cause that? It must be one of these:
>> >
>> > http://open.cdash.org/viewUpdate.php?buildid=2016288
>>
>> Note that the GenerateExportHeader_MinorFix makes the problem go away, but
>> doesn't explain why the problem occured in the first place.
>
> I noticed that the branch was merged.
>
> Was there no interest in finding out why the determination of the GCC version
> suddenly failed?

I'm interested, but it's at the bottom of the priority list in my
book. In the meantime, the fix is a required one in case that variable
is empty in some situations. So we took it.

If somebody figures it out and can make a fix somewhere else so that
variable is not empty on this dashboard, then we'll take that one too.