[cmake-developers] Two pull requests

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 10:47:36 EST 2012

2012/3/1 Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>:
> On 2/29/2012 4:58 PM, Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
>
>> Brad King wrote:
>>>
>>> Our style checker limits .h and .cxx files to 79 columns.
>>> Some of the updated comments exceed this limit.  Please
>>> reformat them.
>>
>> Where can I find the style checker sources? I'll run it to pre-commit hook
>> then.
>

> The CMAKE_USE_KWSTYLE option enables it but you need to build
> the KWStyle tool.  Our dashboard also runs it on the repository
> to catch post-commit failures.
>
> However, the *only* check it currently performs is the column
> limit AFAIK.  Someday I may get around to adding the check in
> our pre-commit hook.

Last time I tried to enable KWStyle hooks following this:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/Git/Hooks#Setup

It doesn't seem to work.
I did setup my emacs/eclipse to show post 79 characters instead.

That said may be sharing some "uncrustify" config file would be nice.

kwstyle, uncrustify, astyle etc... are usually found easily on distro
repository or downloadable (don't know for KWStyle) as windows binary
and may be MacOS DMG as well.

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org