[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013312]: Finding the tk.framework inside of Xcode 4.3 fails to find the private headers

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Mon Jun 18 08:38:08 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Samuel John
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13312
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2012-06-18 08:38 EDT
The Framework inside of Xcode is located at
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework.

I have no problems to set CMAKE_FRAMEWORK_PATH such that Tk.framework is found.
But the PrivateHeaders are actually located at
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers/tk-private

>From this code in the FindTCL.cmake I see that the "tk-private" postfix is not
added but "/PrivateHeaders" which is not there.

```
SET(TK_FRAMEWORK_INCLUDES)
IF(Tk_FRAMEWORKS)
  IF(NOT TK_INCLUDE_PATH)
    FOREACH(dir ${Tk_FRAMEWORKS})
      SET(TK_FRAMEWORK_INCLUDES ${TK_FRAMEWORK_INCLUDES}
        ${dir}/Headers ${dir}/PrivateHeaders)
    ENDFOREACH(dir)
  ENDIF(NOT TK_INCLUDE_PATH)
ENDIF(Tk_FRAMEWORKS)
```

Steps to Reproduce:
I stumbled upon this trying to build vtk on OS X.

Additional Information:

The homebrew vtk formula
https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/pull/12807

Issue History