[cmake-developers] -GNinja on Windows

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Fri Jun 8 14:02:23 EDT 2012

On 08.06.2012 19:40, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> On 6/8/2012 12:38 PM, Peter Kümmel wrote:
>
>>> I've pushed it to next to see if the BuildDepends test also passes on
>>> the build server.
>>>

>> If someone giv it a try, I've uploaded binaries here
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/cmakescript/files/
>>
>> You need cmake and ninja (ninja/master, copy it into cmake's bin/).
>>

> I just tried to run an experimental dashboard and it failed.
>
> I think it was because my cmake build had a space in the path:
>

>     command = C:/Users/hoffman/Work/My
> Builds/cmake-gmake/bin/cmcldeps.exe $in $out.d $out "Note: including
> file: " C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1.0\VC\bin\cl.exe   /nologo $FLAGS  $DEFINES
> /Fo$out /Fd$TARGET_PDB -c $in
>     description = Building C object $out
>

> ninja gives this:
>
> $ ../ninja/ninja
> [1/437] Building C object
> Utilities\KWIML\test\CMakeFiles\cmIML_test.dir\test.c.obj
> ninja: FATAL: CreateProcess: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Dependency parsing is a bit hairy. It also breaks on '(', e.g. "Program Files(x86)".
Could you have a look at the .d files?
Best place to debug this is a printf here:
     https://github.com/syntheticpp/ninja/blob/master/src/graph.cc#L85

I also found that CMAKE_CL_SHOWINCLUDE_PREFIX is not set for different
CMakeLists.txt. I assume Windows-cl.cmake is the wrong place for it.

How can I make CMAKE_CL_SHOWINCLUDE_PREFIX as visible as CMAKE_C_COMPILER?

Peter