[cmake-developers] -GNinja on Windows

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Jun 7 10:57:07 EDT 2012

On 6/7/2012 10:43 AM, Peter Kümmel wrote:

> Yes, I also think a solution on the cmake side make things much easier.
>
> What about using cmake's build-in dependency parser. AFAIK there is one.
> Could it be called by the command line?

I think it might be quicker to grab the cldep wrapper and try that.  The
CMake one works on whole targets and does not forward the call to the
compiler.   ninja seems to want to call one thing that does depends and
the compile.  Either way could be done.  However, just grabbing the
cldep thing from that branch might be the quickest.  Although, I suspect
that this problem will show up with other non-gnu compilers, and a pure
cmake implementation would be nice to have.  I don't know enough ninja
to know if it has to be done in the same command as the compile to get
it to work.

-Bill