[cmake-developers] Welcome to June, time for the next release candidate

Kornel Benko kornel at lyx.org
Tue Jun 5 03:59:22 EDT 2012

Am Montag, 4. Juni 2012 um 17:13:26, schrieb David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>
> We are preparing to build CMake 2.8.9, release candidate one, in the next
> few days (or possibly as late as next week).
>
> Is there any pending/outstanding work that anybody thinks is critical for
> inclusion in CMake 2.8.9?
>
> (I don't want to trigger a flurry of activity by sending this out... but I
> suppose it's better to have it before we decide to cut rc1 than after. ;-)
>

> Thanks,
> David

There is still the problem that created debian packages are not working with
dpkg.

System: ubuntu 12.04, 64 bit.
Cmake: created with "-DCMAKE_USE_SYSTEM_LIBARCHIVE:BOOL=ON"

The following list of commands:

#> make package					# create xyzz.deb
#> ar rv xyzz.deb data.tar.gz
#> tar ztvf data.tgz> /dev/null
                tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword `SCHILY.fflags'
                tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword `SCHILY.fflags'
                tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword `SCHILY.fflags'
                tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword `SCHILY.fflags'

I already proposed a patch in the users list (using "archive_write_set_format_gnutar()"
instead of "archive_write_set_format_pax_restricted()" in file "Source/cmArchiveWrite.cxx")
which make things work OK on this system.

	Kornel