[cmake-developers] Ninja generator on Windows

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Tue Jan 31 14:33:04 EST 2012

On 31.01.2012 04:55, Bill Hoffman wrote:

>> - Paths like 'c:\' - Ninja now supports colon escaping "c:" ->  "c$:"
>> Is there a single place where the escaping could be done?
>
> Can we use Posix paths in the windows ninja generator instead of windows
> paths?   I am guessing ninja would be happier with them.  So, c:/, as
> for the :, there should be a way to escape that depends on the
> generator.  I know the makefile ones have a place.

We can't use Posix paths. Ninja assumes ready-to-use command lines,
on Windows this means backslashes in the generated ninja file.
'\' is not special character, only '$' is used for escaping.

Therefore the question, if there is a single place where
all the slashes could be replaced by backslashes before we write
them down to the ninja file.

Peter