[cmake-developers] Dashboard issues with ExternalProject (untar bz2 not working?)

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Wed Jan 11 12:04:47 EST 2012

Am Mittwoch 11 Januar 2012, 11:27:41 schrieb Bill Hoffman:
> ExternalProject is failing in a few places:
>
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testSummary.php?project=1&name=ExternalProject&da
> te=2012-01-11
>

> Seems to be an issue with bz2 untar:
>
> CMake Error: Problem with archive_read_open_file(): Child process exited
> with status 254
> CMake Error: Problem extracting tar: /mnt/kitware/Dashboards/My
> Tests-HP-UXUB.11.2ia64-aCC/CMake/Tests/ExternalProject/Step1.tar.bz2

That was me. I pushed a topic to stage yesterday for review that improved
FindBZip2.cmake to detect the debug library on Windows and handle both
optimized and debug variants. CMake preloads the BZIP2_LIBRARIES variable with
cmbzip2, which currently is ignored in that new thing.

Since I currently have no really good idea how to handle this I'm going to
revert that second patch later today as it wasn't meant to be merged to next
immediately anyway.

See http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=12867 for some more details.

Eike