[cmake-developers] [CMake 0012869]: FindPythonLibs.cmake fails as it searches in the wrong place

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Jan 10 05:20:49 EST 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=12869
Reported By:                Christian Andersson
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   12869
Category:                   Modules
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2012-01-10 05:20 EST
Last Modified:              2012-01-10 05:20 EST
When cmake searches for Python libs in Windows it searches in (from
FindPythonLibs.cmake):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Python\\PythonCore\\${_CURRENT_VERSION}\\InstallPath]/libs

However, the information might not always reside there. The information could
also reside in:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\SOFTWARE\\Python\\PythonCore\\${_CURRENT_VERSION}\\InstallPath]/libs

As it is on my machine. The difference is I suspect is that it is dependent on
if a user installs Python for just himself or if Python is installed for all
users on the current machine.

Steps to Reproduce:
Install Python for a single user, not for all users.

Additional Information:
I uploaded a patch where one can see what is needed to be added in
FindPythonLibs.cmake.

Best Regards
/Christian

Issue History