[cmake-developers] target_include_directories branch in stage

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jan 9 09:15:12 EST 2012

On 1/8/2012 11:47 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> On 12/05/2011 03:17 PM, Brad King wrote:
 >> I think the property
 >> can be stored just like any other property during configuration.  Then
 >> the generators can use ExpandListArguments.
 >
 > Would that mean that every generator would have to ensure that the includes
 > were unique etc?

Yes but there could be an internal API provided by cmTarget to compute the
expansion in one place for use by any generator.  I really think that all
property values should be handled in the same way and interpreted in their
non-string format only as needed.

>> Initialization from the
>> directory property value can just be added to cmTarget::SetMakefile:
>>
>> this->SetPropertyDefault("INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES", 0);
>
> SetPropertyDefault is for initializing a property with the content of the
 > property with the same name with a "CMAKE_" prefix.

Sorry, my bad.  You're right, except that it looks for a *variable* with the
CMAKE_ prefix.  Instead you can just spell out initialization of the target
property by copying the current value of the directory property.