[cmake-developers] Ninja generator on Windows

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Sun Feb 19 07:15:38 EST 2012

On 19.02.2012 07:21, Peter Collingbourne wrote:

> This caused custom commands to be double encoded, causing a test failure
> on *nix.  I reverted part of your changes to fix the test failures and
> also had a look at implementing the escaping rules correctly.  With the
> changes I made, I was able to configure CMake successfully using the
> token-splitter branch.
>
> I found that on Windows (on my machine at least), some try_compile
> runs were non-deterministic, and this caused build failures in CMake.
> I also encountered the issue Oscar mentioned in the other thread
> regarding the pdb file being locked (maybe the two issues are related).
> But I was able to successfully compile most of LLVM/Clang on Windows.

Great you found the time have a look at this.

The token-splitter was broken, some unit tests failed.
I've fixed it, when updating you need to reset --hard.
Maybe this helps.

I also uploaded a new installer:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/cmakescript/files/cmake-2.8.7.20120202-win32-x86-Ninja.exe

When cmake/ninja doesn't start installing the runtime for MSVC10 should help:

    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8328

Peter