[cmake-developers] ninja spaces in the path do not work on linux

Nicolas Desprès nicolas.despres at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:39:34 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Peter Kümmel <syntheticpp at gmx.net> wrote:

> On 17.02.2012 21:37, Bill Hoffman wrote:
>
>  On 2/17/2012 3:16 PM, Nicolas Desprès wrote:
>>

>>> I think yes. It is just a matter of time. My weekend is already
>>> overloaded. I'll try to do it. If Peter or someone else in the community
>>> comes up with a patch before me everybody would be happy :-)
>>>
>>> I'll try to do my best.
>>>
>>>  I could give it a try if you pointed me to the right spot in the code...
>>

> Does attached patch help?

I don't think so because EncodeLiteral is only called in
WriteCustomCommandBuild to encode the description:

  vars["DESC"] = EncodeLiteral(description);

Plus I think we should keep the description untouched since it is printed
in the terminal. This description is the description of custom command rule
used here in rules.ninja:

rule CUSTOM_COMMAND
  command = $COMMAND
  description = $DESC