[cmake-developers] CodeLite generator

Jim Goodnow II Jim at TheGoodnows.net
Fri Feb 10 06:14:26 EST 2012

On 2/9/2012 11:33 AM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Thursday 02 February 2012, Jim Goodnow II wrote:
>>> Great!  I assume you mean http://www.codelite.org/ ?
>> Yes, the open source IDE.

>>> CMake comes with an extensive test suite that covers
>>> the major interfaces plus many corner cases that have
>>> been encountered and fixed over the years.  If you build
>>> CMake from source with the Makefile generator you can run
>>>
>>>    bin/ctest
>>>
>>> from the top of the build tree to execute all the tests.
>>> We expect them to all pass for a new generator.  They are
>>> contained in the Tests/ subdirectory.
>> Great! Just what I was looking for.
>>
>>> Once the feature is working we'd like to have a nightly
>>>
>>> build submitted to our testing dashboard:
>>>    http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=CMake
>>>
>>> to ensure that it keeps working.
>> No problem. I need to make a version of CodeLite that runs without the
>> GUI to be able to run the configuration and ctest. At the moment, I run
>> -G "Unix Makefiles" and then edit the cache file to change the generator
>> to CodeLite and then rerun with -G CodeLite to get around the
>> configuration issues. I've been able to build CMake and Clang with only
>> a few tweaks. I'll keep you posted and let you know if I have any
>> questions.
> There is a ticket for this in the bug tracker, it also has some patches
> attached, but the author didn't respond anymore:
> Maybe this helps a bit.
>
> Alex
> --
Thanks Alex, I looked at that earlier, but it was using Unix Makefiles.
I'm working on a version that generates native CodeLite project files
similar to the Visual Studio and XCode generators. I've got the basics
up and running, and am working through all the various subtle CMake
features. I had to create a non-gui version of CodeLite to support doing
TryCompile builds, and will need to make a few other mods there as well
to fully support all the CMake features.

  - jim