[cmake-developers] [CMake 0012944]: Feature enabling the CheckC*.cmake macros to use a path to source code as well as supplied source code

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Feb 7 20:36:42 EST 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=12944
Reported By:                starseeker
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   12944
Category:                   Modules
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2012-02-07 20:36 EST
Last Modified:              2012-02-07 20:36 EST
We often have our own .c file stored in our tree for TRY_RUN testing,
and it is convenient to be able to use CHECK_C_RUNS_SOURCE for testing
those .c files.  At the moment, CHECK_C_RUNS_SOURCE assumes the
incoming SOURCE  variable actually holds the source code - our
enhancement checks to see if SOURCE holds a valid file path first.  If
it DOES hold a valid file path, TRY_RUN then trys that .c file,
otherwise the existing CHECK_C_RUNS_SOURCE is preserved.  I don't know
of any sane pathname that would be valid C code or vice versa, so
there should be no danger of passing in a C source snippit and having
it mistaken for a file path.

Additional Information:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2012-January/048921.html

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change
0001-Teach-CheckC.-modules-to-use-a-source-file-as-well-a.patch