[cmake-developers] CodeLite generator

Jim Goodnow II Jim at TheGoodnows.net
Thu Feb 2 17:20:00 EST 2012

On 2/2/2012 5:35 AM, Brad King wrote:
> On 2/1/2012 5:51 PM, Jim Goodnow II wrote:
>> I am working on a CodeLite generator for CMake.
>
> Great!  I assume you mean http://www.codelite.org/ ?

Yes, the open source IDE.
> > Is there a set of tests that should be run
>
> CMake comes with an extensive test suite that covers
> the major interfaces plus many corner cases that have
> been encountered and fixed over the years.  If you build
> CMake from source with the Makefile generator you can run
>
>   bin/ctest
>
> from the top of the build tree to execute all the tests.
> We expect them to all pass for a new generator.  They are
> contained in the Tests/ subdirectory.

Great! Just what I was looking for.
> Once the feature is working we'd like to have a nightly
> build submitted to our testing dashboard:
>
>   http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=CMake
>
> to ensure that it keeps working.

No problem. I need to make a version of CodeLite that runs without the
GUI to be able to run the configuration and ctest. At the moment, I run
-G "Unix Makefiles" and then edit the cache file to change the generator
to CodeLite and then rerun with -G CodeLite to get around the
configuration issues. I've been able to build CMake and Clang with only
a few tweaks. I'll keep you posted and let you know if I have any questions.